Media Production Manager / 2D & 3D Graphic Design
Summary of Qualifications:
• Skilled Media Production / Graphic Designer and Production Manager coordinating multiple asset pipelines
• Project Management certified, hands-on experience in Project Management, Operations Management
• Energetic graphic designer with aerospace background balancing a broad, high level of design software expertise
• Consistently building and updating skill set, keeping pace with changing industry capabilities and expectations
• Strong team leader and contributor with solid experience in all aspects of design and media production, from collaborative concept discussions to results oriented production management
Photoshop CS - Adobe Certified Expert, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Professional, Premiere, After Effects, Soundbooth, MAYA, Modo, Blender, CMS (web content management software), Microsoft Project, LiquidPlanner
Graphics Production Management, multimedia design, layout, portal graphics, matte painting, format conversion, typography, preflight
Graphics Production Manager / Graphic Designer - Web / Video / Print at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation: January 2013 - 2018
- Production and quality management
- Managed production and traffic management of all current and interim design products
- Coordinated transition of products to more integrated workflow using broader talent pool
- Research/discovery phase for multichannel publishing options
- Established set of criteria required for desired multichannel solution
- Added 3D and animation capability to image resources
- Introduced capability for embedded audiovisual content to first iteration digital magazine product
- Ensured all project milestones are met, coordinating all production pipelines (video, online, print)
- Coordinated and prepared materials for creative / strategy meetings.
- Communicated with other entities (White House Press Office, National Park Service, various corporations, Library of Congress etc.), & the public.
- Coordinated photo shoots, supply materials for web and mobile version of magazine, digital asset database
- Handled accounts for outside content.
- Designed compelling layouts for articles.
- Created, acquired, processed, and managed design assets for production pipeline.- Design compelling collateral for web / video/ print
- Created, acquired, processed, and managed digital assets for production pipeline
- Coordinated and prepared materials for creative / strategy meetings
- Communicated with other entities (White House Press Office, National Park Service, various corporations, Library of Congress etc.), and public
- Coordinated photo shoots, supply materials for PC and mobile version of magazine, digital asset database
- Handled accounts for outside content.
Graphics Production Manager / 2D & 3D Design - News, print & online at The Smithfield Times: December 1998 - January 2013 - Streamlined production, implementing process improvements, saving company thousands of dollars in labor and materials.
- Reduced labor costs by ensuring all production milestones were met efficiently and on time.
- Established emergency work flow protocol along with work flow diagrams in case of computer loss.
- Outlined path forward for mobile product work flow. Created demo of mobile version of publication.
- Created video presentation for Smithfield Tourism; designed display at 2010 Home a Rama viewed by 80,000+ visitors
- Coordinated advertising & graphics departments for an organized online advertising strategy
- Increased productivity, decreased labor and material costs by developing new work flow, training staff on new equipment, operating system and new production software.
- Interviewed, gathered information on, translated technical information and provided photography for multiple published stories on STEM education in area schools, NASA Langley involvement in Mars Curiosity mission, & award winning NASA Langley employee's wake vortex research.
- Writing & photos for story on NASA Wallops and Mid Atlantic Regional Spaceport (Launch pads, Launch Control, etc.)
- Covered ORS I launch, interviewed SME's (Subject Matter Experts).
- Developed logistics for major computer fleet upgrade with all software, OS integration, costing & training time.
- Reduced mailing costs by ensuring compliance with U.S. government and USPS regulations.
- Established website with content management software for ease of staff updates and for customer interaction.
- Identified yearly trends in consumer activity with respect to unit sales, churn, and ad purchases, providing concrete numerical information for marketing opportunities during peak periods, heading off slumps with special promotions, and targeting efforts to maximize profits.
- Grew subscription base & revenue by creating digital subscriber capabilities & database.
Media Production Manager / Traffic Manager - Television at Prime Media:November 1996 - December 1998
Television - Implemented new cataloging and traffic system increasing productivity and accuracy. Wrote profitable and effective promotional copy and storyboards for wide variety of clients. Created airtime schedules that fulfilled all client contracts. Created schematic diagrams for, and operated, recording and dubbing equipment.
Project Chair, Strategic Communications Chair, Strategic Communications Plan
VMASC Strategic Communications Goals and Actions Plan: 2010 to 2011
Media Production Process retool
Developed workflow, trained staff on new equipment, operating system and new production software. Monitored production quality, implementing process improvements. Saved company thousands of dollars in labor and materials.
VPA (Virginia Press Association) New Media Committee
2008 to 2009
Chair - VPA Operations Committee
2007 to 2008 Led efforts in setting up needed seminars for Press Association in the area of Operations Management, and management improvement.
Project Management - Expert Rating, an ISO 9001:2008 certified company July 2013
TQM - Total Quality Management - Expert Rating, an ISO 9001:2008 certified company June 2013
Certified Aerospace Technician - NASA/NSF through SpaceTec 2011
Adobe Photoshop CS - Certified Expert - Adobe
Time Management - Expert Rating, an ISO 9001:2008 certified company June 2013
Business Writing - Expert Rating, an ISO 9001:2008 certified company June 2013
Honors and Awards:
VPA Graphic Design Award - 1st Place – Promotion - Virginia Press Association
VPA Graphic Design Award - 1st Place - Promotional Campaign - Virginia Press Association
Honor Graduate, Professional Military Leadership School - U.S. Air Force
National 1st place, Medical Knowledge Award - Kaiser Permanente
Time Estimation and Management for Web Professionals, Operations Management (completed with distinction), Media Archive and Retrieval System, Digital Asset Management Database, Digital Image & Video Processing (completed with distinction), Digital Sound Design, Organizational Communications, Fundamentals of Engineering Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Cosmology, Astronomy, Astrobiology (completed with distinction), Applied Engineering Mechanics, Design Thinking for Business Innovation, Coding for Designers
Mechanical Engineering - Thomas Nelson Community College: Technical Writing, Safety and Quality in Aerospace Industry, Intro to Metrology, Electronic Fundamentals with Computer Applications, Materials and Processes of Industry (aerospace), Intro to Aerospace
New technology, endurance running
MENSA, Planetary Society